Let's start with the boring stuff - my skin type. My skin is combination-oily and little sensitive; especially in Autumn/Winter when I get lots of dry, dehydrated areas.
Anyway, at New Year I decided that 2015 was going to be the year where I started looking after my skin more religiously and ensuring that it's happy and healthy and this meant waving goodbye to any face wipes! *Lazy girl cry*.
After seeing lots of different products and reading many reviews, I stumbled upon the Liz Earle range - skincare that's made with naturally active ingredients. It had a tailored range for my skin type so I made an order for the hot cloth cleanser (Cleanse & Polish), the toner (Insant Boost Skin Tonic) and the moisturiser (Skin Repair Light) - I can report back that this was a great decision!
What I remember is on the first morning after using it, I was absolutely amazed at how soft-to-touch my skin felt. It was beautifully soft without feeling greasy and i'd never experienced that from a moisturiser before.
I use the Hot Cloth Cleanser on to a dry face full of makeup, and then wipe it away using the Liz Earle exfoliating muslin cloths (these are incredible). What I like is that I don't need to leave it on, it can just be removed with warm water straight away. Then I spritz the gorgeous smelling toner all over my face for an instant, clean and fresh feeling. When the toner (which can be purchased in bottle form) has settled into my skin, I take a couple of pumps of the light moisturiser and work that upwards into my skin. I've been doing this every single night for quite a while now and my skin is looking a lot clearer, youthful and healthy. Any redness on my face has also slightly reduced. I love this gentle routine.
Other products that i'm still a fan of include The Body Shop's Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask which I will start using again in the summer when my skin produces more oil as it is a great clay mask which leaves your skin feeling tighter (but not dry) and your pores cleaner. Finally, a product I will always love is the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator, but I actually haven't needed to use this a lot since purchasing my Liz Earle set which i'm sure pleases my bank account.
What's your skincare routine?
I'd love to hear below!
X
I love Liz Earle products! I've been using the Hot Cloth Cleanser & the Instant Boost Tonic for a few months now & couldn't imagine using any other products now! After I first used it I couldn't believe how soft it made my skin either..
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to try a few more products recently so definitely may give the moisturiser ago after reading this!
Lovely post!
x
Small&Blonde ♥
You definitely should! I love the 'light' version as it's just so gentle. I can't imagine using anything else either xx
DeleteI absolutely love the moisturiser and it's consistency, definitely give it a go! Thank you xx
ReplyDelete