Max Factor FaceFinity Foundation



Hi lovelies! So I thought i'd write a review for the "wonder product" that is advertised on TV as Max Factor's FaceFinity Foundation. 


First of all, the foundation comes in a pretty glass bottle which receives top marks for it's classy appearance AND it has a pump, thank goodness. I bought the foundation in shade 40 which is Light Ivory and to be honest it matches my pale skin pretty well. The only problem is that is oxidises. Fast. For those of you who aren't aware of what oxidising is in terms of foundation - it's basically when your foundation hits the oxygen outside it starts to become a darker shade. So although this is an almost perfect shade for me in the morning when I'm applying it, as soon as I go outside, I notice it not fully matching the skin tone on my neck and I felt slightly self conscious of the fact it had gotten darker as I hate the thought of looking orange or mismatched.

The foundation claims to be a primer, concealer and a foundation all in one and it also has an SPF 20 which is a bonus, especially as it is starting to get warmer now - yay! In terms of the primer, I can't really comment because I can't stand the thought of not using my own favourite primer - I trust it and know it makes my makeup last. To see what primer I'm referring to, click here.




Moving on to the concealer, I'd definitely say it does conceal your blemishes as well as being a core foundation. It takes away the appearance and redness of any blemishes/spots/scarring on the face which is great and was the main reason I liked it. Whilst using this product, I didn't use any concealer as I was really happy with the coverage it was giving me. I'd definitely say that the coverage was medium-full with one coat and then full coverage with two coats (use a good blending brush - I use Real Techniques Stippling Brush and find it really effective). 

The foundation itself doesn't feel cakey which was great, if anything, a little runny! But it sits perfectly on the skin when blended properly and gives a lovely matte finish which I usually always look for - sometimes I didn't even need to use my powder because it was such a lovely finish. 

BUT
I'm not using this product anymore, sadly, despite it being almost the perfect product for me. The reason I'm not using this product anymore is because it made me break out. Like crazy... and I don't break out! I used to suffer from bad skin but at the age of 18, now rarely ever have a spot and even use specialist gel to ensure this. My skin is fairly clear and I feel confident about it these days but as soon as I started using this foundation, I started seeing spots breaking out on my places like my chin and cheeks. This was a big no-no for me and instantly put me off. The only thing I can think to blame this on is the fact that the foundation has a primer included in it and perhaps my skin hasn't taken a liking to it. Like I said previously, I only use and trust my personal primer. If the primer that Max Factor include in this is made up of lots of silicone and is fairly slimy (the product itself is fairly runny when you pump it out - so maybe!) then no wonder it is making me break out. I'm not sure if anyone else has found this with this foundation but i'm really curious to find out.

Anyway, I hope this review has helped you and remember that your reaction to this foundation may be completely different - it's always best to try it for yourself.

Do you think FaceFinity is a "Wonder Product"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤