Helloooo! So as you can guess, today i'm writing a review about Revlon's newly introduced Matte Balm's from their very popular ColourBurst range. I love anything matte, so I was instantly drawn to these products.
As you can see, Revlon have stuck to their cute, simplistic packaging which resembles the same shape/size as the well known and highly popular Chubby Stick by Clinique. I love the packaging because you can just chuck it into your makeup bag or handbag and pull it out to apply it. The lid is pretty firm too, so I never really worry about it coming off and damaging the balm. What I love about the Revlon packaging is that the colour of the packaging is the same colour as the product, I just think that's cute.
Okay so I chose the shade "Showy" which is a bright pink (I love pink lipsticks if you hadn't noticed hehe) and actually goes really nicely with my M.A.C Candy Yum Yum lipstick which is pretty similar. If i'm wearing a bright pink, i'll probably be wearing a combination of the two. Anyway, this is highly pigmented which is great as it means you don't have to put tonnes of layers on to see colour - it's there from the first application. It does fade after a few hours of wear but unless you buy a lip stain/tint, I don't really think you can expect your lipstick/balm to last too long as you're talking/eating/licking your lips etc so it's bound to wear off.
When you apply the balm, it actually smells of mint! Really minty, like peppermint. I'm not sure if that's specific to this colour and if all the colours are scented but this one definitely resembles mint. If you have a matte balm - does yours have a scent? I'm not sure if this is intentional from Revlon or it just happened during production but hey-ho! I don't even like mint, but I think this is quite nice.
I love the fact that although this is a matte balm, it's not drying or clingy at all! Like I said previously, I have a similar M.A.C lipstick which is a matte and I do find that it clings to any dryness on your lips whereas this just sort of glides on without being unflattering.
There are 10 colours in total I believe and I want to try them because I do really like this product. I want to try the colour Unapologetic which is more of a soft, rose pink whereas this one is kind of bright-neony-fuschia. I don't think my local Boots have Unapologetic in yet, though. I need to keep looking :(
The Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms are £7.99 and in my opinion are definitely worth it so if I were you, i'd give them a go! You can buy them here.
Do you like this new Revlon balm?





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤