Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette

Evening readers!  I'm going to write about a product that I got hold of and that I absolutely love and it's the Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette. I'm still desperate to get hold of the full NAKED 1 Palette (and 2... and 3) but i'm trying to save money at the moment so invested in this smaller version.



I actually picked this up at a bargain of £9 but I believe it usually retails at around £22. The full palette retails at £37, so this was definitely cheaper for me. 

As you can see, the Basics Palette is a lot smaller and compact which is great to slot in the side of your makeup bag, yet it still maintains the sleek and classy packaging. It also comes with a mirror which is fab for checking the appearance of your eyelids after application. I think it's wonderful! The main thing that attracted me to the NAKED palettes were the fact that they consisted of some matte eyeshadows. I'm not a huge fan of shimmery eyeshadows so when I opened the Basics palette and found that all 6 shades were matte, I was pretty happy!


I tried to swatch all the colours for you guys but because they are so natural and skin-like, they wouldn't show up on the photos! That is how beautiful and subtle they really are.

Despite there only being 6 shades in the Basic palette, it still covers a really good, everyday-use colour spectrum. In order from left to right, starting with Venus on the end,  the creamy white can be used to highlight (especially under the eyebrows and down the nose) and has a teeny tiny shimmer. Very helpful and flattering. Foxy is another great highlighter I find, just minus the shimmer and obviously more subtle as it consists of a skin-like colour. W.O.S is another very subtle, skintone shade - I haven't really used this very much, though. Naked 2 is my most used colour within the palette - it's so flattering despite the fact you can hardly see it! I am very pale, so this just gives some colour to my eyelids before I apply any eyeliner on the lash line. I really feel that this colour adds so much warmth to my face and it's so, so subtle! I love it. Faint is another favourite of mine and I usually blend it with Naked 2 as they compliment eachother nicely - the two browns mix perfectly in my opinion. Finally, Crave is another colour that I rarely use. I have used it in the past to fill my waterline instead of using a kohl pencil or to create a smoky cat-eye and it has been effective.

All 6 shades are brilliantly pigmented and they really do last all day - as long as you prime your eyelids! I believe you can buy a specific Urban Decay Primer (you get one for free if you buy the full palette, I think). Their longevity is amazing as it means I don't have to worry about it coming off in the day and I don't need to touch-up. 

Although the price is a bit steep, I really do believe that it is worth it as I have had this palette for a few months now and have used it almost everyday and yet there is absolutely no sign of wear or reaching the bottom. Try and get this on offer if you can like I did -  thank you, eBay.

Do you looooove this palette like me?
What are your favourite eyeshadow palettes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤