I've decided to write a different type of post this evening for you and instead of it being a basic review, i'm going to talk about some of my absolute holy grails and favourite products within the skincare world. These are all affordable and reasonable and I use most of them on an everyday basis. I would like to state that my skin type is combination - I have oily/dry/normal parts of my face which makes buying products very stressful and costly (because I end up chucking lots of them away!) but I feel that these are suitable for every skin type and some of them can even be bought to suit specific skin types.
The Body Shop: Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask - £12.00
I try to use this mask once a week as it feel like it is important to include masks in my skincare routine as they usually have brilliant results and this is no exception. The product claims to "draw out impurities, clarify and refresh" - who doesn't want that for their face? After using this, my face feels squeaky clean but a little bit tight, hence why I don't use it every single day. This particular mask is aimed at combination skin and excess oil and I genuinely think since using this mask, my face is much less shiny, more clear and clean. Brilliant for any getting rid of any blackheads, too! To apply this you literally just put it on your fingers, apply it to the face, leave on for 10 minutes and then wash off. Whilst it's sinking in to the skin, it dries and becomes really tight, dragging all of those impurities out of your skin and washing them away. It definitely smells of seaweed and I find it quite refreshing. I love this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone, all you need to do is read some of the reviews on The Body Shop! You get 100ml and the tub lasts for ages as you don't need a lot of product to create your mask so it's definitely worth £12.
Simple: Cleansing Facial Wipes - £3.25
These will always be my favourite face wipes as they are the only ones that don't feel / leave your skin feeling greasy or shiny and they don't make me break out. I use these wipes every single day to remove my makeup and to hydrate my skin. These are such brilliant wipes as they have "vitamin goodness" - Pro-Votamin B5 which is a vitamin that helps to soothe and soften skin. I definitely think my skin feels soft after using these! They have absolutely no oil, alcohol, perfume or colour so they are super natural and good for the skin. Packs usually have 25 wipes in so they last me about a month but you can buy bulk sets of wipes in places like Bodycare for fairly cheap. They are also dermatologically tested - yay :)
The Body Shop: Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser - £5.00
This is another product that I use every single day - I use this cleanser after taking my makeup off with the Simple wipes. I was introduced to Tea Tree by fellow blogger FleurDeForce after I saw her talking about how much she loves it. I decided to give it a go and I haven't looked back. Like wow. So yeah, the product is a foam which means it's easy to apply and to quickly wash off and is particularly suitable for blemished skin (amazing when you have a spot or can feel one coming!). The reason this product is so great for blemished skin is because Tea Tree is a natural antibacterial which means it gets rid and prevents any nasty impurities on your skin and it also naturally helps you develop clear skin over time. It has a strong Tea Tree smell but I think if you can get used to it (I don't mind it) then you'll love this product. My skin has never looked so clear and I think how much you get (150ml) is amazing for just £5.
The Body Shop: Tea Tree Oil - £7.00
After using the foaming cleanser from the same range, I then put a few drops of this oil on to a cotton wool pad and rub it on my face. It does smell strong but the smell fades pretty quickly. Just like I said about the cleanser, it is a natural antibacterial so it really helps your skin fight any spots,scars or blemishes. If I feel a spot coming, I put this on at night and the next morning it will have nearly gone. I literally cannot express how amazing this is and everyone should have a bottle of this in their beauty cabinet. You can buy them elsewhere for cheaper, but I bought the set from The Body Shop. I wouldn't be without this!
Clarins: Gentle Exfoliator/Brightening Toner - £7-25
The reason for the strange price range is that the one I have is actually a miniature and so is obviously much cheaper, but the full bottle of this actually costs £25. I personally think it's amazing and will definitely pay full price for it when it runs out, but i'm sure you can buy the miniature, cheaper one somewhere. To apply this, I pour some on a cotton wool pad and use it around the face - especially concentrating on any dry patches of skin. It's packed with fruit acids that rejuvenate any dull skin and leave it glowing - yay. The reason I love this product so much is that after using it, any dry patches on your skin are instantly gone. I have dryness on my nose but after exfoliating with this, any dry skin is disappears! It's such a confidence booster. It's important to exfoliate your skin in order to get rid of dead skin cells and this definitely does the job. It smells lovely too and is just an overall winner. I really think you get what you pay for in terms of skincare products and therefore I'd rather pay more for something that gives amazing results than pay less for something that gives so-so results.
Neutrogena: Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash - £4.94
This is a new product for me but I absolutely love it and couldn't be without it. I use it every morning to wash my face of any excess oil and to cleanse before putting on any makeup - it's super refreshing because of the grapefruit smell and definitely helps to wake you up. The product claims to have MicroClear technology - a formula that deeply cleanses the skin to help eliminate spots and blackheads. I'd say my skin is looking noticeably cleaner, clearer and just more healthy, obviously used alongside all the other products. This is definitely affordable and you get a lot of product - I really like it. If you're looking for a new face wash, give this a go!
All prices were either taken from the retailers website or Boots so may be subject to change. This post received no product endorsement. I hope it was helpful for you!
What are your skincare holy grails?








I love anything by The Body Shop! New follower right here :) xx
ReplyDeletewww.girluninterpreted.co.uk
I do too, I'm really loving their stuff. Want to try their body scrubs! Thank you so much, I follow you too! xxx
Delete