What if there was a way to hold your makeup in place all day and night? Well, Urban Decay claim that there is and it comes in the form of their All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.
Let me start by saying the spray is oil and paraben free, doesn't leave a gross taste/smell and has temperature control technology - crikey, very technical! I was left wondering "how does this actually work?" and I still don't really know. But it does work, i'll give it that. It's also sealed really well to prevent any spills.
So after applying your makeup, you're supposed to shake this up and spray it over your hair 2-3 times to set it. It leaves your skin feeling quite damp at first but once it's dried, you're left with a half matte/half dewy finish, which looks really natural and pretty.
I don't really know what I was expecting from this product - I just knew that I wanted something to help lock my make-up in place over these warm, summery months (yep, I'm unfortunately an oily skinned kinda gal). So, let's split my makeup up into sections and talk about it's staying power.
Face - Any concealer and foundation that I'd applied did stay in place all day with the same consistent dewy/matte finish and managed not to slip around like usual! I usually powder my face 2/3 times a day but actually didn't feel the need to after using this, which I liked. However, any blush/bronzer that I used just lasted as long as usual.
Eyes - I can't really comment on the eyebrow lasting power, as after using any eyebrow product, I use a clear brow mascara to set them so they stayed in place as usual. The spray didn't fully keep my eyeshadow in place - the colour pigmentation faded as usual, but the sparkle did stay. Mascara didn't flake/smudge throughout the day which was good!
Lips - My lipstick lasted that little bit longer than usual, but nothing amazing.
Overall, i'd give this product an 7/10, I like the foundation staying power but I still want to play around with it a bit. I've heard that spraying it directly on to your brushes can help set makeup even better, so I might try this with my eyeshadow brush. It's £20 and you can find it here.
Do you use a makeup setting spray?
X
Don't forget to check back for new posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!




No comments:
Post a Comment
I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤