Disappointing Products III


I love reading these posts. They give you such a good heads up before you part with your money at Boots. I'm back with four products that just don't impress me.



Bourjois 1 Second Nail Polish Remover

The concept of these nail polish removers are amazing - less mess, hassle and it only takes 1 second. Perfect, right? Wrong. Well at least I thought so. This particular remover has a massive hype amongst the online beauty community so I thought if I were to try one, it would have to be this one. The one thing I like about it is that the typical strong scent is dimmed down a little and has a slightly fruity scent instead - that's a nice touch. However when it comes down to removing the polish, it just doesn't cut it. I found that when I put my finger in the pot and swirled it round, even after 25+ seconds, there was still polish left around the edges of my nail. The thing I dislike the most about this is how your finger feels after using it - it feels really greasy/oily and leaves a really strange residue which leaves me wanting to wash my hands afterwards. Not a fan.

Sally Hansen InstaDry Top Coat

I read reviews of this before I bought it and thought it would be ideal - it dries your nails super fast (clue is in the title) and stops it from chipping. Don't get me wrong, I love the shiny finish this leaves and it does dry quick. but I found that my nails still chipped really fast. Seriously, the next day they would be chipped all around the edges. I just expected a little more from SH.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light

I wanted a BB cream as an alternative to foundation whilst I was on holiday and although I didn't find the formula of this too bad (quite liquidy, I would prefer more of a creamy texture but hey ho) it was the colour match that let me down. I got this in light as I am very fair skinned but this is so warm-toned, if I had applied a full face of it then I may have looked like a walking tangerine. Crikey! 

Max Factor Face Finity Foundation in Light Ivory 

I wish I could write a positive review of this because I like it! The foundation itself is lovely - the colour match for me is spot on, it's a perfect balance of a creamy/liquid texture and has a medium/full coverage. Perfect. However something about the formula of this does not get on with my skin - every single time I use this, I get a breakout. Guaranteed. I think it might be to do with the primer that's combined within the product as i've used Max Factor foundations before and never had this problem. Boooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤