Powder is a make-up bag essential, right? I love a matte finish to my makeup and therefore i'm always looking for a good, long lasting but non-cakey formula. I had heard such good things about this translucent powder so I decided to give it a whirl.
I absolutely love the packaging - it's fun and retro and is really handy for touch-ups on the go. It clicks shut and is a pressed powder meaning it doesn't fallout everywhere whilst you're applying it.
I'm just going to get straight to it - this powder didn't rock my world. I thought I would absolutely love this - it's finely milled, translucent, has amazing reviews and yet I applied it and thought "Oh". Don't get me wrong, it blots any shine like a powder should, but I just find that it didn't last very long on my skin. I wanted to re-powder in the space of an hour which isn't great as it just leads to cakey looking makeup. Yikes.
Previous to this, i'd been using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which is such a steal at just £3.99, it's so good at lasting on my skin, removing shine and giving me a nice glow - plus it's so affordable. I just feel like at £12, One Heck of a Blot is slightly overpriced. I really do love Soap and Glory but this didn't impress me.
Have you tried this?
Edit - I've been using this since and have changed my mind. After switching my foundation to Estee Lauder Double Wear, I found that this powder left me perfectly matte yet felt lightweight and not cakey. I have since re-purchased and think that as long as you use a matte finish foundation with this powder, you'll get beautiful results.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤