Now I finally understand setting sprays...



For some reason, setting sprays have just never seemed to 'set' my makeup - in fact, i've found them to actually make my makeup slip and slide that bit more and that is definitely not what they're for!
 I recently saw Sharon Farell talking about this different application and it worked a treat...


If spraying the product all over your face after makeup application just isn't working, then try it before you put any on. I saw her talking about how she'd been doing this and it had been making her foundation last so much longer - I tried it too and I definitely saw the same results.

Before doing this, my makeup would last just as long as usual, or last even less, which made me really disappointed with the product. I could just never seem to get the hang of it, I wondered if I was putting too much/little on or it was my skin type. Hence why I bought 'De Slick' - the formula for oily skin even though I had tried the original. Despite being tailored for oily/combo skin, it did the same thing and just wasn't setting my makeup. 

Nowadays I cleanse, tone, moisturise and then spray this generously all over my face instead of my usual primer. I know - weird. But it works. Start applying your foundation whilst the mist is still slightly damp and settling into your skin. I found this to really lock the makeup in and make it stay put.

I thought i'd share this tip with you, just in case you'd given up on setting sprays like me!

Do you use a setting spray?
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing what you guys think so leave a comment and i'll try my best to get back to you, thanks for reading! ☺ ❤