Hey guys!
So as you can imagine, I love buying and trying new beauty and body products and giving them a whirl. However, every so often, I end up not liking a product! Now you might absolutely love some of the products i'm about to talk about, but I think it's good to share how I got on with them as it means you'll be able to get a better judgement of them.
TRESemme Keratin Smooth Concentrated Rinse Off Treatment
My hair is naturally curly (ringlets!) but I straighten it all the time, so I thought i'd try this range which is supposed to make straightened hair stay straight for longer and look sleek and smooth. I thought this would be great because often, wisps of my hair end up going wavy/curly even if it's not damp or raining outside! I used this as a conditioner after shampooing and found that it made no difference at all, strands of my hair were still going curly and it didn't elongate the length of time my hair stayed straight. In fact, it made my hair feel greasy really fast which is a big no-no. Let down!
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara
I obviously expected big things from this Elizabeth Arden mascara - big name and high hopes. This mascara claims to extend the length of your lashes which really drew me in as I would love mine to be a bit longer! I also absolutely loved the brush - it's quite small which meant that I could apply it to my bottom lashes really easily. I've worn this a few times and every single time, it's smudged and given me panda eyes like nothing else! My water line was covered in black, smudgy muck. Ewwww. I really didn't feel like it helped lengthen my lashes, either. Disappointed!
Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser
I'm lazy so I really, really wanted to love this! I've been using it every day for the past couple of weeks and to be honest, at the start I loved it but now I just don't feel like i've seen any results. After you get out of the shower, your skin does admittedly feel softer, but once you've dried and got on with your day... it just feels the same as any other day. It didn't really feel soft to touch or richly moisturised like i'd expect and I could still feel little dry pumps/patches on my arms and calves. I'd rather stick to a tub of body butter, I think.
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
So this foundation is a "matte" so you don't expect a dewy finish but you also don't expect it to cling to any dryness on your face and leave big patches over the course of day which it did. You have to really moisturise your skin beforehand (go hard or go home kinda thing) to ensure that it doesn't cling and I was really disappointed with the patches/breakage of the product when it was sitting on my skin. Not good!
Like I said, you might love these but i've personally been disappointed. Oh well...... it just means I can buy some more products to try, right!?





Oh no what a shame you didn't like the shower moisturiser! xx
ReplyDeleteGemma // Miss Makeup Magpie
I know I was gutted!! xx
DeleteI found the same with the stay matte foundation! Although if you don't want to waste it, it actually makes a pretty good concealer, that's what I use mine for now, hides my dark circles a dream! :) xx
ReplyDeleteLove that idea! xx
DeleteI really want to try the In-Shower Body Lotions. And I'm praying that they will work well on me :)
ReplyDeletehttp://glassow.com/
Maybe they will, there's lots of different ones to try, I wish it worked on me! x
Deletehmm, I am surprised to see that someone don't like Shower lotion, I absolutely adore it, but maybe thats because we all ar diferent :D
DeleteYep, different things work for different people! I personally get on really well with body butters - lush!
Delete