After a long time reading what feels like 100's of different foundation reviews, I finally caved and bought Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation.
I knew that I needed a paler foundation and this definitely fit the bill. As you can see, the shade I bought was 010 Light Porcelain and I believe this is the lightest shade. It's perfect for someone with pale skin like me! I definitely think it's better to buy a paler foundation and add bronzer/blusher for colour than to buy a foundation that is obviously too dark for you. So firstly, the shade is wonderful! The foundation does have quite a few pale shades and an overall total of 10 colours to choose from, so it could be a lot worse and definitely lives up to its name.
As you can see the packaging is a glass bottle and with a pump (yay!) - I feel that Rimmel have started producing really nice, high-end looking packaging for their products which you can't fault. It looks quite big but the bottle actually fit inside my small makeup bag so it's easy to take out and about with you. The foundation smells really nice - another thing that Rimmel have started doing and i'm not complaining! I also noticed a nice smell with the Wake Me Up foundation.
The foundation itself claims to be a "light perfecting radiance foundation" and I would say it does look very natural in the light. Slightly too natural for me. The consistency is very sheer and lightweight and I noticed this upon application but I actually liked it as it made you feel like you weren't wearing any makeup whilst still giving average medium coverage. I really wanted to like this product, especially after a few people telling me how good it was and also because of the affordable price, but sadly I didn't.
Firstly, I would have liked slightly more coverage than it gave - don't get me wrong, the coverage is definitely buildable, but I dislike having to layer a product on my face several times as it gives that horrible sticky feeling. When I pumped it on to the back of my hand, it was really runny and thin and so I had a feeling that it wouldn't last too long. I was right. After a few hours, the foundation was making me look really shiny and when I touched my face, it felt really oily. I tried to ignore this and give the foundation a full try so I powdered my face and got on with my day, however when I came back to check on it, the same thing had happened and by the end of the day there was basically no foundation left on my face. It had fully worn off :(
I must state that I have combination skin (which consists of oily cheeks, chin and forehead and dryness on my nose and brow) so this foundation might not have the same affect on you, but I was really disappointed. I noticed after buying it that it isn't oil-free and that's obviously why it settled like that on me... silly me for not checking. It's so annoying that we can't return cosmetics in the UK like they can in the US.
The good points of this foundation are that it has SPF 18 which is brilliant for everyday wear,the shades are good and it is really affordable at £6.99. The bad points are that it's probably not best not for girls with oily-combo skin because it has oil in it and it isn't that high of a coverage.
I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation.... Estee Lauder Double Wear i'm coming for you!



I've heard really great things about this foundation, think i need to give it a go!
ReplyDeletexprincessjas | xxx
See what you think xx
Delete